Tuesday, May 20, 2014

At the change of each season I always go into major cleaning, organizing, purging mode.

This season is no different. In fact, I'm even more motivated to let things go as we are in the midst of a potential move. Our home is huge. We've accumulated so much stuff over the course of 18 years of married life, 3 kids, and 2 different states/homes.

I've been going through all of my scrapbook products in my office first. I want to keep only things that I absolutely love and that I absolutely find useful. Everything else is finding its way to a new home. It feels great.

I've realized that I prefer to keep a much simpler, stream-lined space rather than a cluttered space. I tend to use what I have more if I have less of it. Am I the only one that has been slow to catch on to this concept? It's a real eyeopener for me. I feel lighter without so much stuff. I feel happier. I feel more content.

However, right now, I am in the midst of the whole decluttering, reorganizing, feng shui event going on in my office and in my home so it feels more like a disaster zone right now. I know once I'm through cleaning things out and getting rid of things I do not truly love or use, my surroundings and the energy in my home will feel so much better.

I am trying to not let emotions take hold of letting go of material things. I'm being ruthless when it comes to letting a lot of stuff go. I'm determined to not have to pack a lot of this stuff with me on our next move.

I've read quite a few books on organizing and decluttering and many of these books have added clutter to my bookshelves. I will be letting go of most of these books as well. I've come to the conclusion that I can read all I want on decluttering, but my home will not declutter itself by just reading about it.

So, my organizing motto is, Just Do It.
Action.
Movement.
Donate.
Sell.
Throw away. *gasp*
Purge. Purge. Purge.

It feels good people.


No comments:

Post a Comment